Monday, June 22, 2009

Living Life = Cleaning House????

Well, I made an alarming discovery a couple of weeks ago while I was cleaning. I had every intention to sit down a talk about it at the time of discovery, but time has been a bit of an issue. Anyway, back to my discovery.

I tend to clean my house and live my life in the same way.

For those of you who know me very well, you know this isn't a good thing. I was cleaning my bedroom & bathroom when the thought occurred to me....wow, I never clean this because no one ever sees it but me and those closest to me.

Well, life for me can be the same way at times. There are things in my life that I would like to "clean up" and have every intention of doing so. But for some reason the urgency isn't there. Now, I have some urgency to keep the hall bathroom and the kitchen clean - everyone sees that. Just the same way I strive to keep my outward appearance in order. I don't really say bad works or tell dirty jokes. I do not go to bars and night clubs. I attend church regularly and I try and encourage my friends in the Lord. But what about how I treat my family at home or spending time in prayer and Bible study? I guess those things are the bedrooms and garages of life. The things that are easy to let get messy and it not matter much.

I am going to strive to clean up those not so often seen rooms Besides, you never know when the FPL repair man will want to go into the garage or a dear friend will need to use your bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. My dear backwards Chow...I just love you! Good post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey whitney: this is a great post. thanks for being honest. i've slept my entire day away and have a fever of 102.2: not fun. thanks for going to the lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete