Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Public Disgrace

Our family had a wonderful Father's Day at the beach. It was awesome, the entire family got together. Dad & Eddie went early and put up canopies and umbrellas, mom made tons of food (as usual), and there were plenty of toys for the kids. It was the perfect day! I even let my kids get in the water above their ankles, they were very excited about this.

There are a few down sides to a fun day at the beach. Sunburn and sand in your pants are a few that come to mind. I remember when I was a kid playing and sitting just where the waves break on the sand...a bathing suit full of sand and shells! Now I am a mother of 2 young boys and by the end of the day they were just crying about their, you know, hurting. I checked it out and bless their hearts, they were covered in lots of sharp little shells.

So, being the good mom that I am, I marched them straight to the shower. Without hesitation I pulled down their pants to rinse off the shells and give them a little relief from the pain. All of the sudden my mom is telling me to hurry up - people are leaving the shower area!

I am like why? She says because the boys have no clothes on! I made several people take their small daughters and leave. They were whispering and staring. I had no thought that this is unacceptable. When I was growing up their were naked children all over the beach shower area and this never bothered anyone then. I quickly wrapped them up in a towel and put them in the car. So, i will now have to figure out a new way to get the shells out of my boys pants. If anyone has any ideas, i would appreciate them!

1 comment:

  1. It might be really rude to laugh...but this made me laugh! I am a mom of boys too as you know! I clearly see nothing wrong with that! WOW! I had this picture of the twins when they were like 18 months old and they were naked both standing opening the kitchen cabinets. I wanted to send that picture on a Christmas card that year because I was very late with getting them out! I was going to say "Sorry We're A Little "Behind"--Happy New Year!" Guess that wouldn't have gone over very well! No one got cards that Christmas! Sorry I have no good advice! In another year...they'll be swimming in the ocean up to their waists and you won't have to worry about all that sand and shells! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete