Monday, June 8, 2009

Biggest Loser - 8 Week Challenge

So, my friend Jamie and I have been working really hard to get healthy and lose some weight. We started 3 weeks ago and so far I am down almost 5 pounds! it is so nice to have someone along for the ride.

We just joined a Biggest Loser 8 Week Challenge at a local gym. We will meet with a personal trainer in the morning at 8:00am. There is even free child care! I am going to be posting my progress each week here at my blog. A little extra accountability never hurt, right?
I think it is important for me to start taking care of the body that God gave me. He asks us to all over scripture. I will admit, part of this is selfish reasons but, who doesn't want to look good? However, I really do want to be healthy so I can do the work God has called me to do. I want to play in every game at Wired and play football and volleyball with my boys. Most of all I want to be a good example to my children and those that are closest to me.

So, be praying for us as we embark on this 8 week journey! I am sure it will be exciting!

3 comments:

  1. You are crazy! But I'm so excited for you! Plus how can you NOT play in Wired games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girlfriend! I am so proud of you and Jamie! It is great to have a buddy! I'm so excited for you! Thanks for checking out my part of blog world...now I can keep up checking in on your roller coaster ride! Love it, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use another little post here on this roller coaster life! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete