Friday, June 5, 2009

This is new and strange...

Well, I have been so touched, intrigued and lifted up from my friends' blogs that I thought I would give it a try myself. I have always joked with my husband that if I ever wrote a book I would call it My Roller Coaster Life. I guess this is as close as I will ever get.

God is so awesome and always working in my life, and all of ours, but what always puzzles me is the struggle within that comes with it. Why we are always trying to hold on to things while trying to reach out for Him. I am totally getting the new Jars of Clay song, If I had 2 Hands... I often wonder, what if. The ups and downs of life remind me so much of a roller coaster. Sometimes scary, sometimes exciting, sometimes things are unknown, and sometimes just riding along.

I used to think that life shouldn't be this way. That God surely didn't plan for my life to be so crazy, but as I grow and go through things I am not so sure of that anymore. I am now coming to understand that He is just sitting with me on this roller coaster life, leading me to the next one, and holding my hand all the way. As one who totally fears roller coasters in real life, that is comforting.

Well, my kids are fighting over over a blue crab stuffed animal and I think it is coming to blows. I better go for now. This as been fun...I think I like it.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging. I can't wait to follow you.

    ReplyDelete