Monday, November 2, 2009

Simple Reminders

Luke 10:38-42
38 As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. 39 She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. 40 But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"
41 "Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but only one thing is needed.
Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her."


Today I began a Bible Study, A Woman After God's Own Heart, via an online blog. This will be a new kind of accountability for me and I am praying it does the trick! I am not sure why I struggle so much with spending time with the Lord in prayer and in His Word. But, I do. It has been a struggle for my entire Christian walk. I cannot think of a time where I was consistently in His Word for longer than 2 or 3 months. For me, that is just not good enough.

So, on day one, I read the Words of Christ pointing out that Mary made the better choice. I relate with Martha so much! I am always doing, doing, doing, and much of it is for the Lord. I also find myself wondering why others aren't alongside of me...doing, doing, doing. Oh, how I wish I related to Martha, the one who made the better choice. Here is where I am struggling...How to be Mary & Martha in one body! Let's face it...all of the things that I do still have to be done. But I have a feeling that I could still get them done even if I stop to spend time with my Savior. He does say that it will not return void.

So, here I go on another Bible Study adventure....I can't wait to find out what the Lord has in store for me this time. It will be round 2 with this one, I plan on finishing it this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment