Friday, July 10, 2009

Neighbors

Bug Spray - $5
Camping Chairs - $20
Friends & Neighbors - Priceless


When I got married and moved away from home the one thing I missed was neighbors. My family only lives 3 miles away and I can visit them whenever I want, but there is nothing like a quick bike ride(not that I have a bike - i actually walk or drive) or a walk across the yard! Until the last 2 years, our closest friend so our closes


About a year or so ago, our closest friends lived in Daytona off of 92. It was great and we love them but it was hard on both of us to hang out. Over the years our friendships kinda became distant as we were all so busy and found new groups of friends at our different churches.


I hated living in oak hill and felt like we had no friends. We were stuck next to neighbors that we didn't really know or have much in common with. I was miserable. Then...we discovered that many of our new friends from church lived right down the road! HOW AWESOME IS THAT. We were able to just go a hop skip and a jump to hang out with some awesome friends. I love how the Lord answers prayers and provides the means for close friendships.



And you know when He supplies, He does so in abundance! Next thing we know, a couple we know buys the house next door and they have 2 young kids! That is just so much fun just walking accross the yard or meeting in the middle to play in mud puddle or burn yard debris.




I love how the Lord knows us so well. He knows how some of us are cool to just chill at home, while others love being on the go. He knows how some crave companionship while others appreciate time alone in thought. He just knows every little part of all of us and I think that is awesome. Even the things that I wish people would just get about me - He does. So, don't forget to thank our Closest Friend for knowing us and loving us inspite of everything and for always being right there for us!

1 comment:

  1. sweet! I love this post! Hey thank you for your sweet comment on the moms who blog article! I was so touched! Love you!

    ReplyDelete