Friday, July 10, 2009

Fouth of July & Camping - Warning: Lots of Pics

We went camping for the 4th of July this year. It was a blast - but we did miss the fireworks! So it didn't feel quite like the 4th...but fun none the less. Here is a snap shot of our week-end. It was hot, but an extension cord and a fan make everything nice and cool!

Men at Work
Dad & Darren trying to fix the spot lights!

Dylan showing off in the golf cart. There was an awesome parade of golf carts, bikes, and wagons to celebrate the Fourth of July. That was really cool. We had a really cool family in front of us with a CD player - I think that made the walk for us.
This is our parrot friend - fun to look at but annoying to ride with. It hits the passenger in the head while riding in the golf cart. lol

What is camping with out a canoe ride...I was up front and my niece had the camera. Darren & I were the only thing pictures...besides lots of random tree shots. lol
The boys outside of the stables just after their pony ride. They found a pile of poo that grossed them out! I need to get them around stable more often!

The campfire sing along with Chip & Dale. Fun times - I forced them all to stay after the smores. Chip made poor Riley get in the picture - she tried to refuse but he wasn't having it. My guess...Chip is played by an 18-20 year old guy!

Smores!!!!
I forced them into a family photo. Once the smores where gone they were kind of over this activity! Oh -well.

I think fishing was my favorite activity - too bad we didn't catch anything and the boys broke every pole. It provided opportunity for really great pics!

I think this is my favorite picture of Dylan.

Ty & his worm. He really enjoyed the worms - I was really surprised!
Well, that is our trip in a nut shell. I would do it again in a heart beat. I hope that our family camps a lot. I think that is it good for the boys and would provide them with awesome memories as they grow up. Enough talking about growing up though...I am starting to shop for school clothes for Dylan as he starts Kindergarten in the fall....aaaaahhhhh. I ope everyone had a wonderful July 4th - I have enjoyed looking at all of your pics.
Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! We camped a bunch when the boys were in elementary school. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this? I seriously need to go camping..I need to get over my fear of everything in the wilderness and just do it! I don't have a tent, a camper, or anything that resembles camping...I could use some advice because I understand it is a great experience...esp. for families with boys! Hello...I have lots of those!

    ReplyDelete