Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A Duh Moment!

So here I am at 5:30 this morning...awake. If you are close to me you know that this is very weird. I have had trouble sleeping past 5 or so lately. I have been blaming it on my husband who snores; I feel bad getting so frustrated with him because it really isn't his fault. Yet, morning after morning I lay in bed awake for an hour until the alarm goes off and then I am totally grumpy about all of the sleep I just lost. No wonder we have such rough mornings! LOL

Same story this morning accept I didn't stay in bed for that hour. I decided, well, I am not going to sleep anyway...I might as well get up and spend some time with the Lord. While I was sitting there praying and asking for a desire for Him and thanking Him for His gracious provision, it occurred to me. DUH! You have been asking for a desire to spend time with the Lord and wishing you were one of the people who got up early and here you are! Awake at 5:00am!!

I love how the Lord works sometimes. It makes me smile. I am praying that He will keep waking me up and reminding me why I am awake. I hope that everyone has a very blessed day today, I know that I will.

4 comments:

  1. Ahh...haa!!! I'm so proud of you! Welcome to my world! Isn't it wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Early in the morning is the most wonderful time to meet with the Lord. Something about the dark, stillness of the pre-sun hours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...Whitney I'm so happy you had this duh moment. I am currently praying for one and it's nice to know other people mix it up too. Keep waking up and meeting with Him, soon we'll have a whole group meeting via prayer waves...see ya soon!

    ReplyDelete