Friday, August 7, 2009

Hard Choices

Hard choices - life is full of them. Why are they the ones that are so important to make. Wouldn't it be nice if the easy no brainer choices that avoided all thought were the ones that made life what it should be. But, time after time and century after century it is proven that the difficult choices are the ones that are the best choices.

As I "grow up" I am finding this to be so true in life. I find myself longing for the days when my hard choices were which class to take or if it was really worth it for those $40 wrangler jeans. Now my choices are more like - Do I send the kids to public or private school...Can we go on this vacation or pay our bills on time...Do I call about this late bill or just ignore it until I can pay it...just to name a few.

Today I made a hard phone call. I have been putting it off for awhile. It was humbling and didn't provide me with an immediate answer, but it did provide me with a peace and calm inside my soul. I knew it was the right thing to do but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Life with God can be that way. When confronted with ourselves we have no choice but to just say - Yes Lord, I messed up and I need Your grace - please give me your grace. I am often tempted to view God as a Just Father - which He is. But as Just as He is, he is equally Loving and full of Grace and Mercy. I cannot fathom how justice and grace can exist in such a perfect balance and be extended to me - an unworthy sinner. Oh, how grateful I am for it. just when I think I have really done it this time, my Heavenly Father swoops in and picks me up. He is so faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment